Monday, August 4, 2008

Mondays happen

Sean is hungover and I'm feeling awfully sleep today. But, we had a good weekend spend at home cleaning (the yard is now plum-free, for a while), cooking and leading the mutt around. It feels like we had a week off, which amazes me. When I first got back into the work week, it seemed like I had zero free time to myself; the more adjusted I get, the more time it feels like I regain. Once we move closer to Stanford our home lives will get at least an hour and half longer. That will be great. Maybe we'll get a bathtub or dishwasher out of the deal, as well. Who knows?

My project to I'm haul my brain of out of storage and start preparations for PhD applications is under way. I've re-started a book on Modern Critical Theory and checked out a Norton Anthology of American Lit (the short one, only 6,000 pages) from the library - phase one of the great GRE subject cram. It feels good to have a personal higher purpose than simply showing up for work in clean(ish) clothing.

Oh yeah, clothes. I needs some. I needs some yesterday. Ever since I started yoga my body has entirely changed shape. I weigh the same, maybe a little more due to some muscle gain, but my proportions are all different now. So, my favorite jeans make me feel dumpy and none of my non-denim pants fit at all. The big problem here is that I hate shopping: the stores, the pushy/non-existent sales people, spending money - all of it. Nothing ever seems to fit, either and I have no idea what size I am. Small? Smaller than most but not exactly skinny? Negative 3? I almost wish I had a job with a uniform, except that uniforms never actually fit me well.

Ah well, I'm off to google Formalism.

No comments: