Monday, July 7, 2008

Um...

Gentle reader (readers? I have my doubts that anyone but I actually reads this stuff), accept this as one of many pointless blog postings. I just felt like blogging.

This being the case, I don't have much to tell you. Our weekend was great - my friend threw a drunkin' good time party on Friday night - while I was not drunk, such inebriation does the heart good. There was drinking, bean dip and the inevitable firecrakers. No one was burned or disfigured, which is almost disappointing. On Saturday we gorged ourselves with fine sushi and I finally returned to yoga after a two week hiatus. Kevin, the instructor, cranked the heat and tortured us like the yogi sadist he is. We took Fried to the beach in Half Moon Bay on Sunday with my co-worker Lisa and her husband Ted. This was directly proceeded by a terrific lunch over which we hatched a plan to put another fellow co-worker out of her misery via a massive nicotine fit (still in its planning stages).

California is still on fire. I am, this very moment, experiencing a high fructose corn syrup fit - my employers stock the office fridge with Cracka-Cola. I will resist.

See? If I had real drugs this wouldn't be a problem. Damn you, farm bill.

We have a trip to the Grand Canyon booked for next June, including a burro ride into the chasm - the other night I dreamt that the trail ride led us over rickety bridges and at one point we were required to carry our burros while we scaled the vertical face of the wall on a dodgy rope ladder. Maybe I'm afraid of the Grand Canyon? Doubtful.

And well, I've run out of steam. Hopefully my next post will be better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why did I read that as a "burrito ride" into the Grand Canyon? B/c that would be WAY spicier. And probably the fastest way down, actually.